As the Bucs retreated indoors again for Day 2 of OTA’s, players looked to build on progress made from Day 1. Bruce Arians’ two-practice format was on full display as rookies and camp bodies players took up half the field with starters and veterans fielding the other half. As OTA’s kicked in full swing, here’s what we learned so far through two days:
– DE Anthony Nelson was seen taking reps with the first-team offense today and held his own with a showcase speed and power moves he displayed at Iowa. Greats signs for the 4th round pick!
– ILB Devin White was right back at it today in practice with an INT on the second play in practice thrown by Jameis Winston. He’s proving his money’s worth and more so far.
– Rookie DB’s Jamel Dean, Sean Murphy-Bunting and Mike Edwards all took snaps with the first team and seemed to have held their own against veterans Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Still waiting to hear Vernon Hargreaves name on the list of splash plays.
– Newcomer WR Breshad Perriman looks to have already made some deep ball chemistry with QB Jameis Winston with two deep connections down the field (one resulting in a touchdown)
– NT Beau Allen seems to have taken a leadership role on the defensive line, calling out plays and making sure his guys are in the right position. Seems to be picking up Todd Bowles defense pretty quickly.
Extra Bucs Nuggets:
– DT Vita Vea was seen one play making an incredibly athletic play chasing down RB Peyton Barber for the stop. More to come this year for the former first round pick.
– Journeyman Demone Harris also flashed in positional drills showcasing burst and an ability to get by his defender. Keep an eye out on Harris as training camp nears.
Stay tuned for all OTA updates and all Bucs news here on Bucs Report.
Written by: Joshua Omoregie