Josh Jones, OT, Houston
HT: 6’5 WT: 319 lbs
– Second team All-American Athletic Conference
– Second team All-District 23-5A as a HS sophomore
– Long frame with room for additional mass
– Great athlete with excellent bend throughout lower half
– Most of his issues are coachable and should improve
– Inconsistent body control
– Technique and footwork in pass pro need work
Josh Jones is a raw offensive tackle talent who improved significantly over his senior season. His footwork and pass sets still need plenty of work. Consequently, he will most likely not be a week 1 starter. However, most of his issues seem to be coachable and if he develops with coaching, as expected, he should turn into a very solid tackle at the next level sooner rather than later.
Jones is expected to get picked late in the first round by most NFL analysts. Some have him going to Tampa Bay at pick number 14. This might be somewhat of a reach. If the top four offensive linemen are off the board, though, he could be the Buccaneers’ safest selection considering their needs.