Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
Height: 5’11” Weight: 212 lbs
– Second team All-ACC (2019)
– Third team All-ACC (2017)
– Outstanding athleticism
– Great asset in the passing game
– Very strong lower body
– Lacks elusiveness in space
– Pass protection needs improving
– Has been inconsistent throughout his career
As far as his physical ability is concerned, Akers has all the required tools to be an NFL running back. He has not been consistently productive in his career at Florida State. However, this could have been caused by a scheme that did not fit his style and a questionable offensive line. Akers should end up being a starter in the NFL sooner rather than later.
Cam Akers is expected to get selected at some point between rounds 3 and 5 in most mock drafts. If he is still on the board when the Bucs pick in round 4, they should pull the trigger on him.
Sources: Walter Football, The Draft Network
Photo credit: tomahawknation.com