The second player to start his NFL career with six consecutive 1,000-yard seasons makes his fourth appearance in the NFL’s Top-100 players list. Tampa Bay Buccaneers star wide receiver Mike Evans comes in at number 30, climbing 23 spots from last season.
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) July 29, 2020
Only appearing in 13 games in 2019, Mike Evans averaged 89 yards per game while compiling 1,157 yards to go along with eight touchdowns. Before an injury sidelined him in 2019, Evans was on pace to reach his 2018 receiving yards total, which was a career-high 1,524. Evans holds the Buccaneers all-time receiving record with 7,260 yards, while also being the youngest player in NFL history to reach 7,000 career receiving yards.
If that wasn’t impressive enough, Evans holds the following franchise records:
- Most receiving touchdowns in a season – 12 (2014, 2016)
- Most receiving touchdowns by a rookie in a season – 12 (2014)
- Most consecutive games with at least 1 touchdown reception – 4 (tied with Chris Godwin) (2014)
- Most games of 100 yards receiving in a career – 24 (2014-present)
- Most receiving yards per game in a career – 80.7 (2014-present)
- Most consecutive 1,000 yard receiving seasons – 6 (2014-present)
- Most seasons of 1,000 yards receiving – 6 (2014-present)
- Most receiving touchdowns in a career – 48 (2014-present)
- Most receiving yards in a career – 7,260 (2014-present)
- Most receiving yards in a season – 1,524 (2018)
- Most receptions in a career – 462 (2014-present)
Evans has his sights on the playoffs in 2020 with new Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady at the helm. The three-time Pro Bowler will look to become the first receiver to start his career with seven consecutive 1,000-yard seasons in 2020.