Buccaneers’ legend and fan favorite John Lynch was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame over the weekend. After being drafted in the third round in 1993, Lynch went on to play 11 years for the Buccaneers. His impact on the team is shown not only in his professionalism, but the ferocity he played with.
— NFL Films (@NFLFilms) February 26, 2021
John Lynch spent four years in Denver before hanging them up after a short stint with the Patriots. The 6’2 safety out of Stanford was a ball hawk roaming the back end of the “Tampa 2”. His thunderous hits were legendary and feared around the league.
– Super Bowl champion (XXXVII)
– 2× first-team All-Pro (1999, 2000)
– 2× second-team All-Pro (2001, 2002)
– 9× Pro Bowl (1997, 1999–2002, 2004–2007)
– Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ring of Honor
– Denver Broncos Ring of Fame
– Bart Starr Award (2007)
– PFWA Executive of the Year (2019)
– Forced fumbles:16
We congratulate John Lynch on his induction and thank him for all he’s done for the Buccaneers and the game of football.