The 2023 NFL offseason is here and that means it’s time for mock drafts, draft profiles and everything that goes with them. So without further ado, here’s one of many Draft Profiles for the 2023 NFL draft.
Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
WT: 315 lbs
– AP First Team Preseason All-American
– Named PFF Offensive Player of the Week after allowing no sacks and leading the rushing attack to 224 yards and two TDs against Nebraska (8/27)
– Named to PFF Week 3 Team of the Week for his dominant performance against Southern Illinois (9/17)
– All-Big Ten First Team (coaches)
– All-Big Ten Second Team (media)
– Started all 12 games as a sophomore
– Paved the way for Evan Hull’s 1,000-yard season on the ground
– Exceptional athleticism
– High football intelligence
– Natural leader with high work ethic
– Crisp hand technique and pass sets
– Firm anchor and dynamic base in protection
– Effective vertical movement on double teams
– Ability to string out point of attack horizontally
– Projects well to gap and power concepts
– Limited length, arm length, and overall wingspan more typical of a guard. A number of pro teams would consider him a blue-chip LT prospect as a result
– Struggles getting his hands attached to a rusher due to short arms
– Short second-level angles when climbing to pick off backside flow
– Play strength not strong enough to be seen as a pro tackle
– Inconsistent hitting of landmarks – needs more consistency
– As an outside chance to stick at left tackle, but he might actually fit better on the right side or kicking in to a guard spot.
In 2020 as a freshman Skoronski saw action in 9 games and played a total of 672 snaps for the Wildcats. He allowed 11 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 12 games and a total of 828 snaps. He conceded 12 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at left tackle.
In 2022 as a junior Skoronski saw action in 12 games and totaled 881 snaps. He gave up just 3 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at left tackle.
Information in this article first appeared on NFL Draft Buzz and is used with permission. Find the latest coverage, analysis, and player rankings for the 2023 NFL Draft at nfldraftbuzz.com
Follow, Like and Subscribe to Bucs Report
For more on this and everything Buccaneers check back here hourly at BucsReport.com