Another year of the NFL Honors and another snub for Buccaneers great Ronde Barber. Thursday night seemed like it would be the night. When former Buccaneer great Derrick Brooks stepped to the podium you thought the stage was set. It wasn’t, Ronde Barber again wasn’t selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
No luck again this year for former Bucs corner Ronde Barber, who misses the final cut for this year’s Pro Football Hall of Fame class.
— Greg Auman (@gregauman) February 11, 2022
Barber has a strong case for the Hall. He’s been referred to as revolutionizing the position.
The snub is even more brutal considering Leroy Butler was inducted, why dies that matter? Let’s look at the stat comparisons.
Pro Bowls: 4
Pro Bowls: 5
Congratulations to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Class of 2022:
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 11, 2022
– Super Bowl champion (XXXVII)
– 3× First-team All-Pro (2001, 2004, 2005)
– 2× Second-team All-Pro (2002, 2006)
– 5× Pro Bowl (2001, 2004–2006, 2008)
– NFL interceptions co-leader (2001)
– NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
– Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ring of Honor
For more on this and everything Buccaneers check back here hourly at BucsReport.com.