The 2023 NFL offseason is nearly here and that means it’s time for mock drafts, draft profiles and everything that goes with them. So without further ado, here’s one of many Draft Profiles for the 2023 NFL draft.
Keondre Coburn, DL, Texas
WT: 344 lbs
– Second-team All-Big 12 2022
– Bednarik Award preseason watch list
– All-Big 12 Preseason selection 2021
– Coburn has a compact build, but Coburn is a crafty edge player who is very good against the run. He sets the edge and effectively wards off blocks with a strong core, powerful limbs, and natural leverage.
– He’s extremely thick through the lower body, and he uses his natural leverage to win at the point of attack, often requiring a double team.
– He’s quick to react and locate the ball, and he shows enough speed to succeed in backside pursuit. Coburn plays with excellent balance and a strong, flexible core, rarely ending up on the ground.
– Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
– Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
– Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
– Coburn struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
– Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
– Coburn is on the short side, and Coburn too often relies on his ability to overpower blockers rather than developing a repertoire of pass-rush moves.
In 2020 as a junior Coburn played in 10 games and contributed on 391 snaps. He recorded 16 tackles, 4 assists while making 15 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 9 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Coburn logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 389 snaps for the Longhorns. He also added 11 tackles, 7 assists, and 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 3 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Coburn logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 382 snaps for the Longhorns. He also added 12 tackles, 11 assists, and 14 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 28 total pressures, which included 22 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and a decent 4 sacks on the season. Coburn adds the size and physicality the Bucs need at the position.
Information in this article first appeared on NFL Draft Buzz and is used with permission. Find the latest coverage, analysis, and player rankings for the 2023 NFL Draft at nfldraftbuzz.com
Hear It Straight From The GOAT
The Aftermath Reaction Show
Bucs Live! Brady Retires Again!
Follow, Like and Subscribe to Bucs Report
Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook, Reddit
For more on this and everything Buccaneers check back here hourly at BucsReport.com