Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
HT: 6’3” WT: 281 lbs
Dre’Mont Jones is expected to be picked in the second round of the NFL draft in almost every mock draft. Of course, this selection depends highly on whether or not the Bucs decide to keep Gerald Mccoy, as it is still not official that McCoy will be a Buc in 2019.
If they end up parting ways with McCoy, they have to address the tackle position in the offseason. Dre’Mont Jones would be a potential candidate Jason Licht and the Buccaneers should keep an eye on. If he is still on the board early in round three, they should pull the trigger, as he would be a steal at that point in the draft.
– Very high athletic ability
– Excellent at getting out of his stance quickly
– Great agility and play speed
– Light frame for NFL-level defensive tackle
– Tends to get punched off balance too often