The NFLPA has approved the new CBA. The deal locks up 10 years of labor peace between the players association and the owners. Details of the deal are slowly trickling out but here is what we know so far.
– Players receive an increased share of revenue
– Former players receive more benefits
– 17 game regular season
– Expanded playoff field
– One Franchise or Transition tag per team
– 2020 Salary Cap $198.2 million
– 30% contract rule is eliminated
– 12 man practice squad
– Roster expansion to 55
– Gameday active roster increase to 48
– No suspensions for positive marijuana tests
Statement from the NFLPA
Assuming NFL doesn't postpone free agency, teams now have less than 26 hours — until noon Monday — to make a decision about franchise/transition tag. At that point, free agents can talk to new teams, can start signing Wednesday at 4.
— Greg Auman (@gregauman) March 15, 2020
More details are sure to come out and Bucs Report will be right there with the latest information.
Photo credit: NFL.com