Arnold Ebiketie, DE, Penn St.
WT: 250 lbs
– FWAA Second team All-American (2021)
– First-team All-Big Ten (2021)
– Second-team All-AAC (2020)
– Speed and quickness around the edge
– Multiple pass rushing moves
– Great flexibility and agility
– Not consistent with the bull rush
– Needs to improve run stopping technique
– Gets pushed out of gap to often
The first three seasons of Arnold Ebiketie’s career were spent at Temple. Despite being an effective player, he only had six sacks in his three seasons (two as a sophomore and four as a junior). Ebiketie made the risky decision to move to Penn State in 2021, and it’s paid off handsomely for his draft prospects. Ebiketie is a dangerous pass-rusher who is always on the move. His first step will hardly astound anyone, but everything that follows is awe-inspiring.
Ebiketie’s edge flexibility and ability to make himself a difficult target for offensive linemen to hit is unmatched in this class.
Furthermore, his ability to turn the corner all the way up to the quarterback and finish pass-rushing reps is exactly what scouts should be looking for in a speed-rusher. Ebiketie also possesses the dexterity to perform a range of pass-rush moves and to switch up his approach on a regular basis to keep offensive tackles guessing. Look foe Ebiketie to go off of the board in the 2nd round.